Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Depression list time again, Baby!!


I used to have a son in law that said something to the effect "I have everything I want, and I hate everything I don't already have." As I have been thinking about my Christmas list, I started to think the same way. I realize now, he must have been depressed. It is hard to get up excitement when everything seems so blah. I can imagine several things that would excite me. Like Karl, I like gadget-ty watches. TokyoFlash are my current favorites (Retsu, gun metal 'n blue or the L type ) but I am not excited enuf to put it on a list. I would give away Zachary for a Bugatti Veyron; I'd lease him out at very advantageous terms for a nice motorcycle. (And he may be my wife's best hope for grandkids - he's the most impulsive of our kids and most in a hurry for more.) Tickets to a cool concert are always appreciated, but it's winter and my musical tastes are getting stale anyway (though i do like Matisyahu.) My favorite gift in the past year has been Netflix, but now we are on the perpetual renewal system with them and what was so exciting was that it was a surprise, that turned out better than I had thought. The favorite thing I bought myself was my iPod, but i got one now. A new engine for my airplane sounds like a good idea, if money were no object. An airplane for the new engine would be good too, not to mention batteries for the radio - if I haven't lost that thing. I miss the dog and or cat, but Lynnellle has to buy off on thatr kinda of present ( Manx cat or border terrier in case you're Lynnelle.) I really don't need a 60 inch flat screen, blu ray, or home theatre system. My eyes are going so much that a 25 incher across the room looks fine. I could use a librarian for a few days to sort out my various media. The dvd's are mostly in order, but the vhs are a mess and the library is worse. New novels, movies and or media events I don't need, or will buy for myself if I really want one (Though like Caitie, Mom wants Mama Mia sing along.) Retirement would be a great gift, but then I'd start having to figure out how to fill my days. Forget it - I have everything I want and I hate everything else.

No comments: